When most people think of slow cooker meals, the first thing that springs to mind is hot stew, slow cooker fajitas, and rich soups.
Of course, for vegans this is a different story, gone is the option for a hearty beef stew or a shepherd’s pie.
And with these popular options gone, what meals can vegans use a slow cooker for?
Well, today I have a few books that answer just this question, with a range of different recipes which will leave you full and satisfied.
Let’s get started.
1. Vegan Slow Cooker for Beginners
Essentials to Get Started
by Rockridge Press
This book aims to take the fuss out of vegan cooking, offering a range of simple, home-cooked and healthy meals that will feed you for a few days.
Vegan Slow Cooker for Beginners shows you how to make hearty vegan meals, saving a ton of time in preparation.
It features 150 easy recipes to make every day of the week. Some of the recipes in the book include:
- Black Bean Breakfast Burritos
- Vegan Eggplant Parmesan
- Chocolate-Peanut Butter Cake
- Black Bean Chilli
- Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls
This book has a range of different recipes from breakfast all the way to desert.
It is ideal for novice cooks and beginners in the vegan world, as it offers easy, no fuss recipes which are tasty and will leave you with enough leftovers for a few days.
Or FREE with Audible Trial
2. Fresh from the Vegan Slow Cooker
200 Ultra-Convenient, Super-Tasty, Completely Animal-Free Recipes
by Robin Robertson
Robin Robertson has written this book as a way to demonstrate creative ways to use the slow cooker in the kitchen.
She uses a breadth of ingredients to create new and exciting vegan recipes.
Fresh from the Vegan Slow Cooker provides practical tips on how to use a slow cooker and to choose the right one.
It also shows you how to take into account the water content of vegetables when cooking.
Some of the recipes she has in the book are:
- Rustic Pot Pie Topped with Chive Biscuits
- Ziti with Mushroom and Bell Pepper Ragu
- Crockery Cassoulet
- Greek Style Beans with Tomatoes and Spinach
- Chipotle Black Bean Chilli
- Seitan Stroganoff
There are many soy and gluten free recipes within this book, and the collection helps to show ways in which vegan can broaden their palette and make the most of their slow cooker.
3. The Vegan Slow Cooker
Simply Set It and Go with 150 Recipes for Intensely Flavorful, Fuss-Free Fare Everyone (Vegan or Not!) Will Devour
by Kathy Hester
This slow cooker cookbook by Kathy Hester helps to provide simple recipes with easy to read instructions, for even the novice chef.
The Vegan Slow Cooker allows you to create impress, gourmet style meals with minimal effort and to support a busy lifestyle.
If you struggle to find the time to prepare hot, fresh meals for your family which are also packed with nutrients, this book is a great addition to your kitchen.
Some of the recipes included in this book are:
- Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal
- Exotic Cardamom Hot Chocolate
- Chicken and Dumplings
- Mushroom Lasagna with a Garlic – Tofu Sauce
- Chili Relleno Casserole
- Tempeh Braised with Figs and Port Wine
- Kung Pao Chicken
- Turkish Delight Tapioca Pudding
The book offer a simple 3 step process:
- Prepare your ingredients the night before
- Assemble everything in the slow cooker in the morning and set off for work
- Serve your meal
Even for those who aren’t a massive fan of a slow cooker, these recipes are made with such fresh, healthy and flavourful ingredients that it will change your mind.
4. Slow Cooker: 100% Gluten-Free Vegan!
Irresistibly Good & Super Easy Gluten-Free Vegan Recipes for Slow Cooker
by Karen Greenvang
Slow Cooker: 100% Gluten-Free Vegan! aims to provide a diverse set of recipes to use in a slow cooker.
Slow cookers are a low energy and safe way to cook, which makes it ideal for working families with hectic schedules.
You can also leave these recipes over night for a convenient lunch to take to work with you.
Some of the recipes in this book include:
- Banana Peanut Butter Gluten – Free Oatmeal with Raw Seeds
- Apple Pie Gluten-Free Oatmeal with Raisins, Almonds, and Coconut Cream
- “Carrot Cake” Gluten-Free Oatmeal with Pecan Nuts and Coconut Cream
- Egg Plant Melanzane with Black Olives and Lentils
- Mixed Vegetables with Brown Rice and Red Kidney Beans
- Ratatouille, Red Kidney Beans, and Black Olives
- Hearty Minestrone Soup
- Roasted Sweet Pepper and Tomato Soup with Lentils
- Vegetable Curry with Dried Apricots and Red Kidney Beans
- Curried Rice and Lentil Bake
Each recipe features a photo and easy to read instructions, making it suitable for any level of home cook.
Not only is this a nice slow cook recipe book to own, it’s also a great gluten-free vegan cookbook that you can add to your collection.
5. High Protein Vegan Cookbook
Gluten Free & Dairy Free Recipes (Slow Cooker, Crock Pot, Cast Iron)
by Jack Green
All of the recipes in High Protein Vegan Cookbook are high protein and plant based- offering nutrition and great tasting food to fuel your day.
This is ideal for any active person as high protein provides energy and helps build up muscle.
Some of the recipes in this book include:
- Pistachio-crusted tofu
- white & black bean quinoa salad
- tofu with coconut peanut sauce
- lentil coconut curry & cauliflower
- buckwheat salad & toasted almonds
- grilled vegetables on bean mash
This vegan slow cooker recipe book isn’t just full of nuts like other similar cookbooks out there, making some of these recipes suitable for those with nut allergies.
Maintaining enough protein can be difficult for vegans, so this selection of recipes is a must for any vegan kitchen.
6. The Vegan Slow Cooker Cookbook
38 Easy To Prepare Vegan Recipes For Your Slow Cooker
by Martha Drummond
It can be a pain preparing, cooking and serving fresh food every evening, and often it just ends up not happening.
Slow cooker meals are great because you can accommodate this to a busy lifestyle.
This is what The Vegan Slow Cooker Cookbook is all about, creating healthy, filling recipes which taste great and involve minimal effort to cook.
Some of the great recipes included in this book are:
- Bread Pudding French Toast Vegan Recipe
- Coconut Milk Yogurt Vegan Slow Cooker Recipe
- Slow Cooker Coconut Vegan Curry
- Vegan Lentil and Green Chili Slow Cooker Tamales
- Bean and Quinoa Vegan Slow Cooker Chili
- Vegan Louisiana Slow Cooker Gumbo
- Tasty Mexicali Vegan Rice Casserole
- Vegan Slow Cooker Pumpkin Pudding Dessert
- Vegan Chocolate Chip Slow Cooker Bread Pudding
This vegan crock pot cookbook is full of colorful photos and easy to reads instructions; this is a good cookbook for any level of cook.
It has a range of recipes from stews to soups and tasty desserts.
Whether you are a vegan, vegetarian or just health conscious – this is a kitchen essential.
As you can see, slow cooker meals are not just for meat eaters.
There are hundreds of combinations of plant-based meals which offer healthy, filling and tasty meal to fit around a busy lifestyle.