Remember the simple joy of biting into a Smucker’s Uncrustable when you were younger?
Or perhaps you’ve recently discovered them and you’re now curious: Are Smucker’s Uncrustables vegan?
Answer: Yes, Smucker’s does indeed offer a selection of Uncrustables that cater to vegans.
However, not all their varieties are vegan-friendly, so here’s a rundown on which ones to reach for and which to avoid.
- Peanut Butter and Grape Jelly Sandwich
- Peanut Butter and Strawberry Jelly Sandwich
- Reduced Sugar Peanut Butter & Grape Spread Sandwich on Wheat
- Reduced Sugar Peanut Butter & Strawberry Spread Sandwich on Wheat
It’s worth noting that while these Uncrustables varieties may not contain dairy or other animal products, they’re produced on equipment that also processes milk products. So, if you have a serious milk allergy, it might be best to err on the side of caution and give them a miss.
And remember, while these vegan-friendly Uncrustables don’t contain GMOs or high fructose corn syrup, they do have various additives and conditioners. These are used to ensure the bread dough remains stable over a longer shelf life, so they might not be the healthiest choice.
- Peanut Butter & Honey Spread Sandwich
- Natural Flavor can be either vegan or non-vegan, depending on its source. It’s always best to check with the manufacturer if you’re unsure.
- Honey is not considered vegan. The vegan philosophy seeks to exclude the use of animals for food, clothing, or any other purpose. Since honey is produced by bees, it’s generally not considered vegan-friendly.
- Chocolate Flavored Hazelnut Spread Sandwich
- The presence of skim milk and whey in this spread makes it unsuitable for those following a strict vegan diet.
- Uncured Ham & Cheddar Bites
- Uncured Smoked Ham: This is made from pork, which is a meat product and thus not vegan.
- Cheddar Cheese: This is a dairy product, which is also not considered vegan as it’s derived from animal milk.
- Turkey and Colby Jack Bites
- Natural Smoked Turkey Breast: This is derived from turkey, a type of meat, which is not vegan.
- Colby and Monterey Jack Cheeses: These are dairy products, which are not vegan as they’re derived from animal milk.
So there you have it! If you’re a vegan, there are four varieties of Smucker’s Uncrustables you can enjoy. They’re perfect for a quick snack for yourself, for sharing with friends, or for packing into your little ones’ lunchboxes, all without any animal products.
Of course, it might be healthier (and even more satisfying!) to whip up a homemade peanut butter and jelly sandwich with fresh, whole ingredients. But for those moments when convenience wins out, feel free to indulge in these vegan-friendly Uncrustables.