There’s nothing better than a warm cup of creamy coffee to get you ready for the day, and using a high-quality creamer makes all the difference when it comes to getting the taste and texture just right.
Unfortunately, great vegan coffee creamers can be hard to come by, and most carry an invasive nutty flavor and smell that can be a real put off for some sensitive palates.
Luckily, the Califia Farms Almond Milk Coffee Creamer gives you that authentic full bodied, thick consistency to your coffee, without any overpowering nutty flavor.
Texture ✭✭✭✩✩It does have a rich consistency, although you have to add more milk than usual to make really good foamy coffee.
Taste ✭✭✭✭✩It has a faint but pleasant flavor that tastes delicious in your morning coffee blend.
Organic Ingredients ✭✭✭✭✩Califia Farms have gone out of their way to use only organic ingredients to make this creamer, with no harmful preservatives added.
Packaging ✭✭✭✭✭The eye-catching packaging is made from recyclable Tetra-pak and Combibloc. It’s also shelf-stable which means that you don’t have to refrigerate it before opening.
Price ✭✭✭✭✭When it comes to pricing, this creamer comes at a reasonable price. Very friendly on the pocket considering the quality.
WHAT WE LIKE
- It’s fat free and low in calories
- The almond and vanilla flavours, which are the base for this milk, are very slight and delightful, not overpowering at all
- You can use it in coffee and baked goods for a delectable taste and full-bodied consistency
- Not only is it made from organic ingredients, but it’s also certified Kosher and GMO-free
WHAT WE DIDN’T LIKE
- Steaming the milk requires you to add a lot more milk than you usually would, especially if you enjoy having a voluminous coffee with a foamy top
- The milk does tend to curdle and even takes on a grainy texture after a few days in the refrigerator
- Can also curdle after being added to piping hot coffee
- You can only buy it in bulk online. It comes in single bottles at grocery stores that carry the brand, which are very few and far between
THE BOTTOM LINE
This milk is perfect for anyone who’s had to eliminate dairy from their diet for whatever reason. It’s made from all natural ingredients, tastes good and makes a decent coffee. It also has a lot of positive reviews, with some customers saying it’s even better than Half and Half. Plus, you can easily use it to replace dairy when making your favorite desserts, baked goods, and savory dishes.
Keep in mind though, that you’ll have to buy it in large volumes, as you have to use quite a lot per usual serving than you’re used to to get the creamy consistency that hits the spot. Other than that, it’s a consciously created and packaged creamer that’s so good that it’ll make you forget its dairy counterparts.
Who is Califia Farms?
Califia Farms was founded on the premise of contributing to the creation of a “healthier, plant-based food system”, and all their products are manufactured to live up to those standards, including their Almond Milk Creamer.
They use locally sourced, organic, GMO-free ingredients with creatively blended flavors to create genuinely awesome plant-based alternatives. They’ve also made a concerted effort to ensure that their business practices and production facilities support the health of the planet, by putting their products in environmentally friendly, BPA-free and recyclable packaging.
Ingredients and Manufacturing
Their barista quality Almond Milk Creamer is a carefully developed blend of pure almonds, water, a dash of sea salt and finally sweetened with a hint of vanilla for a pleasant flavor.
If you’re not into vanilla, other mouthwatering flavors are available too; namely, Hazelnut, pecan nut, caramel, Mexican cacao, Irish cream and dulce de leche as well as an unsweetened version. The water used to blend the almonds into milk is sourced from a well and treated with reverse osmosis to ensure maximum purity.
You’ll also be happy to know that Califia Farms Creamer is USDA certified organic and Kosher, free from harmful additives, stabilizers, and gums.
The almonds are sourced directly from local organic farmers that use progressive and sustainable farming methods. They’re also pasteurized using steam and water powered blancher instead of PPO.
As mentioned, there’s a variety of alternative flavors to the Almond Milk Creamer so you can switch it up and enjoy different tastes from time to time. Some of these flavors are so good that it’s enough to enjoy them on their own without adding them to coffee or anything else. So other than the Almond flavor, you can enjoy…
- UnsweetenedOkay, this is not exactly a flavor but the fact that it’s unsweetened allows you to enjoy the authentic flavor of almond milk without any added flavors. It’s ideal for those with sensitive palates, or anyone who just wants to keep it simple.
- VanillaThis is a delicious blend which contains a palpable vanilla flavour. Goes beautifully with coffee and baked treats.
- HazelnutIf you like the velvety taste of hazelnut, then this flavour’s definitely for you. The hazelnut is subtle and not too overpowering, and goes pleasantly with hot beverages. You can also use it to bump up the flavour and texture of your favourite smoothie.
- PecanThis flavour contains delicate hints of pecan and caramel flavours to imbue your coffee with rich texture.
- Pecan CaramelA heady mix of equally hearty flavours makes this a decadent and delicious treat by any standards.
- Irish CreamIf you’re feeling a bit more extravagant, you can add the Irish Cream flavour to your tea for a delightfully spirited flavour.
- Mexican CocoaThis adventurous mix contains a few dashes of cocoa, cinnamon, and cayenne. It’s a yummy and exuberant addition to any hot beverage.
- Dulce-de-LecheThis luxe sounding confectionary flavor will remind you of your favorite sweet indulgences.
Packaging & Shelf Life
The creamer is packaged in BPA free and recyclable Asceptic Tetra-Pak Combibloc cartons which you can dispose of through your local recycling program. The packaging is shelf stable, so the milk can stay in your pantry until you open it, or until the expiry date. Once opened, the creamer can stay fresh for 7 to 10 days when kept in a refrigerator.
Versatility and Texture
With Califia Farms Almond Milk Coffee Creamer, you can create barista quality coffee with exquisite latte art from the comfort of your home. The creamer stretches well, with the thick consistency of full cream milk and the aromatic flavor of vanilla.
This creamer is so versatile that you can add a dash of it to your favorite savory dishes to give them that hearty and satisfying texture, using the same amount in recipes as you would with cow’s milk. It’s been known to add a fluffy and luscious consistency to baked goods too, and it can easily enhance your OJ for a richer taste.
Pricing & Accessibility
Califia Almond Milk comes at a very reasonable price point without compromising on quality, and it’s accessible.
Unless you’re lucky enough to live in the California region where some of the grocery stores carry this creamer, you’ll have to order it in bulk through their online store or Amazon. This means that you cannot buy the creamer as one bottle unless you’re purchasing it from a physical outlet.
But if you’re already sold on this creamer as many are, then you’ll be happy to know that Califia Farms also runs a monthly subscription service, where you’ll be able to get the creamer delivered to your doorstep every month. The subscription is flexible so you can easily change the number of cases you order from month to month, or you can even skip a month if you so prefer.
In A Nutshell
Whether you’ve had to sacrifice dairy due to a medical condition, or willingly through adopting a vegan lifestyle, there’s no doubt that with Califia Farms Almond Milk Coffee Creamer you won’t miss that dairy based creamer one bit.
From the variety of flavors to the organic ingredients and flexible shopping options, Califia Farm Milks will make a great addition to your plant-based grocery list. Plus, you can rest assured that your purchase from Califia Farms is contributing to the sustainability of our planet, as their product packaging is 100% BPA-free and recyclable. What more can one ask for?