|Yesterday's warming lunch: Gingered Split-Pea Soup with a Daiya Grilled Cheddar Cheese on Udi Gluten-Free Bread with spinach.|
|I heart soup|
|My kitchen blackboard drawing. I added the caption last week. Ciao, Frosty!|
GINGERED SPLIT PEA SOUP
• 1 T olive oil
• 2 large carrots, diced
• 2 organic celery stalks, diced
• 1 medium onion, diced
• 2-inch piece of ginger, peeled and minced
• 6 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced• 1 T soy sauce
• 1 cups dried split peas [Use 1 1/2 cups if you prefer a thicker soup[
• 8 cups vegetable stock [I recommend Better Than Bouillon No Chicken Base]
• 2 T white wine
In a large soup pot, heat oil over medium. Sauté carrot, celery, onion, garlic and ginger until soft, about 10 minutes.
Add remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to low. Simmer covered for at least one hour, or up to two hours. About 15 minutes before serving, stir in the white wine and remove lid.
Enjoy this soup as is or puree or partially puree it with an immersion blender [I do the latter.]