|Eat your heart out, Slim Jim|
Here's what my Vegan Cuts box included, in my order of preference:
- Nori-Wrapped Power Wrap, Texas BBQ flavor: This was my favorite item in the box. Think of it as a vegan slim Jim. The product name is a bit long and awkward, but it was truly delicious and impeccably flavored – a little sweet, a little savory and salty. Chewy. And a portion of the purchase protects cows. Moo-ya!
- Angel Organic Candy Bar: This angelically light chocolate bar reminded me of Wispa bars that used to be sold in the UK [Are Wispas still around?]. I also like the fact that the portion is appropriate; the king-size candy bars prevalent here in the US just encourage overeating and under-tasting.
- Just Persimmon dried fruit bag: I'm not the world's biggest dried-fruit fan, but in addition to being vitamin-rich, these tiny flecks of dried persimmon were surprisingly flavorful.
- Raw Rev Organic Live Food Bar – Cherry Chocolate Chunk flavor: Flavor-packed power bar. The perfect snack to take along on a long run or bike ride.
- Organic Chocolate-Covered Cacao Nibs: Cacao nibs enrobed in silky dark chocolate? Yes, please. Plus the purchase directly supports sustainable farming.
- Carrot Crisps flavored with paprika: I'm not the world's biggest dried carrot fan, but as dried carrots, these tasted good, and the paprika was a nice contrast to the sweetness. Not many single-serve chip or pretzel bags can give you the 50% RDA of Vitamin A and 70% RDA of Vitamin C that these little orange wonders do. Of course, I love that these are made in Poland. [Yay!]
I also got:
- 4 travel-sized Organic Indulgence lotions (French Lavender and Plumeria, Sweet Cherry and Almond, Orchard Pear and Fig, White Nectarine and Orange Blossom): Silky smooth with gorgeous scents
- A cute Vegan Cuts button
- A candy cane: [I received my package over the holidays] A perfectly respectable, intensely peppermint candy cane
Special offer for 5 lucky – and quick – readers!The first 5 people who sign up for the Vegan Cuts snack box for first time and reply to the email confirmation with the code "urbanveganfree" get their second box free / $19 credit added to their account. Sweet!
The catch? You need to register by the January 15 deadline. So if you want this, don't wait!