|Easy vegan low-carb pasta in about 10 minutes.|
|Use your noodle: rinse your noodles well|
I threw together this midweek quickie dinner for one in about 10 minutes. I happened to use frozen artichoke hearts, because I had a bag on hand, but you can use any cooked veggie that goes well with pesto. Think spinach, chard, broccoli, cauliflower, peas....you get the picture. So improvise away, my friends.
Not in the mood for pesto? Try my Creamy Vegan Bolognese Sauce with these little noodle wonders.
Shirataki Noodles with Creamy Pesto-Artichoke Sauce
- 1 package shiritaki noodles, drained and well rinsed
- 2 T pesto [I used leftover pesto from my windowsill harvest]
- 2 T vegan cream cheese at room temperature
- About 1/4 tsp red hot pepper flakes [Optional]
- 1 cup frozen artichoke hearts, cooked [or any other pesto-compatible veggie]
- Salt and pepper, to taste
In a small saucepan, melt cream cheese and pesto, along with red pepper flakes, if using, over low heat.
Toss in artichoke hearts. Cook for 5 minutes or until warmed through. Puree with an immersion blender if you feel so inclined. Or not. [I didn't]
Toss in noodles, Cook another 5 minutes. Enjoy!